Cost for the fall semester $560
This workshop-style class will engage students in a writing and revision process that draws on both peer reviews and instructor feedback. Classes will introduce writing topics and model the processes of brainstorming, drafting, and revising. Units will include persuasive, narrative, expository, and descriptive writing and will cover such topics as paragraph development, organization, diction, and sentence variety. No book is required.
- Teacher: Dr. E. Breau
6:15 - 7:30pm
Start day Sep 9th
Cost for the fall semester $476
The art of creative writing gets original and innovative ideas flowing in a child's head and puts those imaginative ideas on paper. It also teaches students how to express themselves and allows them to demonstrate solid vocabulary skills as well as practice their abilities in grammar and sentence structure. Some creative writing assignments can give students the opportunity to create characters, settings and plot while others allow them to write creative nonfiction.
In this virtual creative writing class students will explore in-class small group readings from some of the most vibrant voices in contemporary writing in addition to:
· Contemporary forms and technique in free write prompts
· Revising work with an understanding of writing as a process
· Successfully giving and receiving feedback with classmates on a story and one or more poems
· To contribute to a collection of writings by the class to a book anthology at the end of the course and participate in a final group reading.
· To progress into future projects and classes with a sense of inspiration, collegiality, risk-taking, and a sense of what's possible in a truly immersive creative environment
This Creative Writing Course includes:
· Fiction: Learn the fundamentals of narrative craft in addition to experimental techniques being used by contemporary fiction writers.
· Poetry: Students will learn the fundamentals of poetic craft and a variety of traditional forms and contemporary techniques, with intensive attention given to imagery, voice, setting, and narrative.
· Project Creation and Review: Weekly instructional coaching sessions will be focused on writing projects and fun activities.
With some inspiration beginning writers gain confidence and eager writers gain the skills to create higher quality writing. Once learned, the activities will serve as tools that students can continue to use and build on as they write in the future.
- Teacher: Michael Marcino
Dates: 09/09, 09/16, 09/23, 09/30, 10/07, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28, 11/04, 11/11, 11/18, 12/02, 12/09, 12/16.
Cost for the fall semester $378The Art of creative writing encourages original and innovative ideas to flow from a child's imagination and come to life on paper. It also teaches children how to organize their thoughts and express themselves effectively. Some creative writing assignments can give students the opportunity to create characters, settings and plot while others allow them to write freely about their interests or simply about their everyday world.
In this virtual creative writing class, students will join in small group read alouds from authors such as Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss, explore fun free write prompts, and participate in a collaborative book effort. Opportunities for illustration will also be provided. I look forward to working with budding writers and exploring the world that writing can be
- Teacher: Michael Marcino